The ISPRS Working Group on Health (WG VIII/2) is organizing its 3rd Symposium on Advances in Geospatial Technologies for Health on October 13-15, 2015 in Washington, D.C., USA. This symposium aims to facilitate the exchange of “state of the science” information on advances and trends in the application of Earth-observing and geospatial technologies for public health research, with emphasis on understanding how environmental factors influence the occurrence of diseases, and on decision support information needed to manage health risks.
The goals of this symposium are to bridge the geospatial science, Earth science and health science communities and to explore interdisciplinary collaborations to improve our overall health and well-being.
The symposium topics will include applications of remote sensing and geospatial technologies in the areas of:
1. Air Pollution
2. Infectious Diseases
3. Emerging Health Threats
4. Public Health Surveillance
5. Coastal Health and Hazards
6. Global Climate Variability and Health
7. Data, Modeling, and Information Systems
8. Earth Observing Data for Health Applications
9. Estimating Outdoor Allergens using Earth Observation Resources
10. Machine Learning and BigData from Earth Observations for Health Studies
You are cordially invited to submit your abstract.
Abstract Submission: Last Date: July 31, 2015
Full Paper Submission: Last Date: August 31, 2015