General Plan of Activities
The Commission will organise the following activities:
Organisation: The symposium will be organised in the Netherland by GIN, RWS, NGG and Delft University of Technology. Several Dutch companies and institutions expressed interest to sponsor and support the organisation of the symposium: Cyclomedia, Brandweer Nederland, CGI Nederland and Fugro.
Location: The exact location of the symposium will be selected later, most probably it will be the area of Rotterdam. Leading criteria for the location will be not only the accessibility and cost of the venue but also the possibilities to organise parallel events.
Activities: Besides the scientific sessions, we discuss options to organise:
- Hands-on workshops and/or on-site events
- Discussions with practitioners
- Demos from practitioners/companies (in a set-up different than exhibition)
- Special student session
- Student competitions such as:
- Developing of app on a specific theme or with a given set of data
- OSM missing maps day
- ISPRS council meeting: all needed facilities for the ISPRS council meeting will be arranged.
The presidents will investigate options to organise the symposium with other conferences such as 3DGeoinfo, UDMS and Gi4DM, or appropriate activities of EuroSDR, FIG and ICA.
ISPRS Geospatial week
The Commission will participate in the Geospatial week with several special workshops, which will be organised by the WGs. The specific sessions will be discussed with the WG officers.
Each WG would be encouraged to organise at least two conferences during the 4-year period, i.e. year 2017 and 2019 and would be encouraged to organise joint sessions during the COMIV symposium, ISPSR geospatial week and the congress.
Publications and dissemination of results
The Commission will stimulate the publication of:
- Joint papers between WGs on emerging topics (big data, indoor, sematic web, BIM/GIS, AV/AR, data and society, etc.)
- ISPRS books ( at least one)
- Special journal issues (WG based, or across WG)
- Revision, development of standards
Web site, repositories, contacts with other organisations
- information exchange via ISPRS blog, news, etc.
- Organisation of repositories for test data, 3D models (BIM/GIS)
- Planning activities with international organisations such as OGC, ISO, JB GIS, etc.
All the activities of the Commission will be organised according to the ISPRS Orange book.