General Plan of Activities
Within the group
Regular communication among WG officers will take place every two to three months (or more often, in case of need) by means of teleconference. In such occasion, tasks will be discussed and assigned depending on the upcoming events.
All WG members will be kept informed about the activities and planned initiatives of the WG
Within Technical Commission IV
Given its broad range of topics and its specific focus on applications, the WG is keen on strongly cooperating with all other WGs within Commission IV, especially with those dealing with visualisation, databases, and decision support, among others.
This means that the WG will contribute to symposia, or cooperate to creating common and shared datasets to be used as reference data.
With other Technical Commissions
The WG is planning to cooperate with Commission II, in particular with WG II/3 (3D scene reconstruction & analysis). Ideally, we can imagine the generation of geometries provided by different acquisition technologies such as for example LiDAR and VHR aerial imagery as the first step, followed by the enrichment of those geometries with semantics and other relevant data coming from existing heterogeneous data sources. The latter is among the main topics of Commission IV.
Besides the midterm Commission IV Symposium and the two Geospatial Weeks events, the WG is planning to contribute to organising events together with some organisations outside the ISPRS, such as the Urban Data Management Society. For a complete list of potential partners, see the list in the following.
With organisations outside of ISPRS
- The WG is aiming to organise joint activities with
- Open Geospatial Consortium, http://www.opengeospatial.org
- Urban Data Management Society, http://www.udms.net
- Special Interest Group 3D, http://www.sig3d.org
- International Society for Digital Earth, http://www.digitalearth-isde.org
- International Federation of Surveyors, and in particular the joint 3rd and 7th comm. on 3D cadastres, http://fig.net, http://www.gdmc.nl/3dcadastres/organization
- International Cartographic Association, http://icaci.org