General Plan of Activities
Within the group
- Organize and participate in workshops and lectures covering topics of WG IV/6. In 2017, Organize a special session within other national conferences such as the ASPRS IGTF Conference, 12-17 March, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- Offer webinars on topics such as webinars on the Internet of Things by Dr. Steve Liang, University of Calgary, Canada that include information on Arduinos, IoT cloud based on OGC standards, etc.
- Propose, organize and implement special issues of the ISPRS Journal of Geo-Information and the ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing on topics of IoT, SDI and SDSS.
Within Technical Commission IV
- Organize oral and interactive sessions at 2017 and 2019 Geospatial Weeks and the 2018 Commission IV Symposium on topics of our WG. We will collaborate, as appropriate, with other Commission IV WGs, especially IV/4, IV/5, IV/7 and IV/11.
- Consider a collection of submissions based on WGs IV/6 sessions (in collaboration with WGs IV/4, IV/5, IV/7 and IV/11) at 2017 and 2019 Geospatial Weeks and 2018 Commission IV Symposium for a volume on the Internet of Things for the ISPRS Book Series.
- Create shared data, exercises and webinars for training and education on IoT, SDI and SDSS
With other Technical Commissions
- Organize oral and interactive sessions at 2017 and 2019 Geospatial Weeks and the 2018 Commission IV Symposium on topics of our WG in collaboration with Commissions I, III and V.
- Apply for a ISPRS Research Initiative to fund the development of training materials for lectures and hands-on-exercises on topics of IoT, SDI and SDSS.
With organisations outside of ISPRS
- Attend professional conferences and workshops of groups such as the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) working groups (e.g., SWE DWG, SensorThings API SWG, etc.), Open Source communities (e.g., FOSS4G, Eclipse LocationTech, etc.), ISO/TC-211 meetings, international efforts (GEOSS, Digital Earth, UNSDI, INSPIRE and GMES) and organizations (GSDI, WGISS, ICA, W3C, and EuroSDR)