General Plan of Activities
Within the group
- (secured) Journal special issue with the International Journal of Digital Earth on “Human-centered virtual and augmented geovisualization environments”
- (secured) AAG special session(s) 2017
- Webinar with the GeoforAll (geoforall.org) on open source geovisualization tools
- (possible) activities in ICC co-badged with cognitive visualization: workshop
- (possible) activities at AfricaGEO/Geomatics Indaba: workshop or tutorial, or a special session
- (possible) activities in Philippines Geomatics conference
- (possible) workshop on open source tools in South Africa
Within Technical Commission IV
Active participation at the Midterm Symposium, possibly with a workshop and/or special/theme sessions. We want to co-organize activities/collaborate with various other WGs including Marguerite Madden’s working group, and had a preliminary conversation at the ISPRS meeting in Prague.
With other Technical Commissions
WG on Computer Graphics (big data processing and rendering techniques), on LiDAR (points processing, thematic uses to consider, decision-making), etc.
In your elaboration please specify the working groups that with which you will have joint activities. e.g., joint workshops and conferences, joint research and benchmarks, joint publications, contributions to Geospatial Week, etc.,
- Joint workshop at the Geospatial Week
- Special sessions at ISPRS with other WGs, e.g., Computer Graphics (big data processing and rendering techniques), on LiDAR (points processing, thematic uses to consider, decision-making), etc.
- A special event (perhaps a workshop) on temporal visualizations/visualizing time
With organisations outside of ISPRS
- Joint workshop or conference with related ICA commissions on Cognitive Visualization, Visual Analytics and Map Design
- AAG workshop- San Francisco