ISPRS ICWG III/IVc
Environment and Health
Working Group Officers
|Fazlay S. Faruque|
Department of Preventive Medicine, GIS & Remote Sensing Program
University of Mississippi Medical Ctr
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39215
+1 601 814 4993
|Yves M. Tourre|
Anewworld and CNES
21 Bd. Lazare Carnot
+33 53161 7200
|Muralikrishna V. Iyyanki|
Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
Flat 201, Block 4, SMR Acropolis Apt, White field
Kothaguda, Hyderabad 500082
+91 984 804 9624
|John B. Malone|
College of Veterinary Medicine
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
+1 225 578 9692
Terms of Reference
- Review the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) mandate, activities and plan that relate to human health.
- Advance knowledge in Remote Sensing and other geospatial technologies for applications in Tele-epidemiology.
- Develop a white paper for clinicians documenting the capability of Remote Sensing and other geospatial technologies in capturing environmental variables to incorporate into clinical practices as a disease risk factor.
- Bridge the geospatial science, Earth science and health science communities to explore interdisciplinary collaborations to improve our overall health and well-being.
- Develop two expert groups: 1) Remote Sensing and geospatial technology applications in estimating environmental exposure risk factor for clinical practices and 2) Remote Sensing and geospatial technology applications in ecosystem, climate change and variability, and public health studies.
- Advance knowledge in estimating allergen abundance.
- Review current applications of tools, such as, machine learning, in estimating air pollutants using remotely sensed and other data.
- Contribute to the GEOSS open access public health data resource.