WG V/4: Web-based Resource Sharing for Education and Research
The working group WG V/4 wants to support and promote world-wide web-based learning initiatives. Scientific knowledge in Remote sensing, Photogrammetry and GIS should be accessible for everyone who is connected to the internet. Web based learning materials cover a wide range of resources, eg. Software, data, hardware, brain ware, models and algorithms. This closely links this WG to other WGs and TCs of the ISPRS.
Working Group Officers:
Faculty for Plastics Engineering and Surveying
University of applied sciences
School of Remote Sensing and Information Engineering
Dept. of Geomatics Engineering
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing,
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Department of Space
Govt. of India
Terms of Reference:
- Promotion of web-based resources with free access for Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry and GIS
- Cooperation with WG V/8 for joint events and other WGs in TC I to IV for data sharing
- Establishment of an online platform for discovery, sharing and geoprocessing
- Collaboration with academic partners to introduce more use cases for teaching and education and industrial partners to adopt and propagate new technologies.
- Increasing the motivation of students and researchers in a web-based resource sharing environment.
- Mass awareness through web based resource sharing and webinars.