ISPRS WG I/5
Microwave and InSAR Technology for Earth Observation
The ISPRS WG I/5 covers the sensor development and the related advancements in methodology and applications of microwave remote sensing and interferometric SAR. The WG works on the generation and accuracy assessment of 3D or higher dimensional SAR techniques, especially interferometry and SAR tomography. The possibilities provided by SAR big data, especially with the global coverage provided by Sentinel-1A/B, as well as the increased number of SAR constellation missions and the broader range of available radar bands, are in the focus of WG I/5.
To this purpose, the WG organizes workshops to exchange the latest developments on SAR data processing and microwave sensing. The increased importance of microwave remote sensing requires an increased effort in improving the capacity of microwave and InSAR data processing. WG I/5 will therefore support trainings and capacity building initiatives.
Working Group Officers
129 Luoyu Road
São José dos Campos-SP
+55 12 98144-3750
Faculty of Science
Dept. of Space Science and Technologies
Inersia SAR Monitoring SL
131 El-Horia St.
Terms of Reference
- Investigations on recent operational spaceborne SAR constellations including small satellite constellations
- Generation and accuracy assessment of 3D and higher dimensional mapping by SAR techniques (e.g. interferometry, tomography)
- Infrastructure stability assessment and deformation monitoring from space borne SAR
- Evaluation of long wavelength SAR and systems, especially BIOMASS
- Fusion of SAR data and complementary data (e.g. optical imagery)
- Liaison with other groups and societies, mainly IEEEGRSS