ISPRS WG V/2
Regional and International Education Programs
ISPRS Working group V/2 aims to promote and develop cross-border educational services, knowledge dissemination and know how sharing.
To achieve this goal, the WG will:
- promote the inventory & evaluation of potential joint National, Regional and International educational programs (JEPs);
- develop core curricula & educational modules, and highlight best practices for joint education programs;
- define what are Local, National and Regional stakeholders seem to find best to their interest for cooperation;
- continue its effort on nurturing the young generation by organizing student-specific events and other actions that integrate youth into ISPRS more effectively;
- disseminate new educational theories, methodologies and advanced technologies through new curricula designed by the Commission;
- deal with the needs of students and professionals (engineers, technicians etc.) that crave for some updates on new and modern up-to-date systems and processing techniques.
WG V/2 disseminates educational content, develops novel educational components of training and education in photogrammetry and remote sensing, organizes joint workshops, symposium and prepares recommendations.
Working Group Officers
|Maria Grazia D’Urso|
University of Bergamo
Department of Engineering and Applied Sciences
24044 Dalmine (Bergamo)
+39 035 2052024
+39 035 2052095
School of Geomatics and Urban Spatial Informatics
Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture
|Eduard Angelats |
Researcher Geomatics Research Unit
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
Building B4 08860
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
+34 93 645 29 00
Consumer Data Research Centre (CDRC)
Department of Geography
University College London
North West Wing
+44 20 3108 1099
Terms of Reference
- Further support of existing ISPRS initiated projects collaborative education programs in the fields of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Spatial Information, Mapping at Universities.
- Support, promote, stimulate and initiate international collaborative education programs dissemination efforts such as: seminars, tutorials, workshops, symposia, e-bulletins and other mechanisms & tools, in various levels aimed at: Researchers, PhD, MA, Undergraduate, Engineers, Technicians and other professionals.
- Cooperate with other working groups within Commission V and other ISPRS commissions, on how to synchronize the efforts and how to cooperate in launching seminars and workshops.
- Initiate and support: e-learning and remote teaching activities; development and integration of high-tech elements and tools in teaching and training.
- Cooperating with other Geo-societies on issues of: common themes and goals. mobilizing lecturers; adopting efficient ways for planning and running the seminars; and how to share and cut expenses.
- Cooperate with regional universities, organizations, and societies in order to stimulate them to cooperate, provide facilities, share local know how and offer a base for future further cooperation.
- Search for universities and individuals that will reiterate the WG Seminars and collaborative education programs dissemination in other regions.
- Dissemination of methodical recommendations, management of educational seminars and summer schools for the sharing of knowledge and experience of young professionals in the fields related to geo-sciences (photogrammetry, remote sensing, spatial information etc.).
- Dissemination of innovative courses and techniques for writing Master and PhD's thesis proposal, and academic writing.
- Dissemination of innovative educational courses on teaching and aimed at young university teachers working in the field of photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information.