General Plan of Activities
- Contribution to ISPRS and other events, e.g.:
- Organisation of a workshop in the GSW 2023; participation (promotion and recruitment of working group) in SDSC / 3D GeoInfo 2022, CIPA, WDBE, and ISPRS Congress 2026.
- Symposium in Sydney in 2024 – organising sessions and workshop
- Participation in standardisation organisations, e.g. contribution to international standards developed by OGC and buildingSMART, design of interoperability benchmarks.
- Promotion of junior researchers and their involvement in initiatives, e.g. collaboration with the SC of ISPRS, involving junior researchers in our webinars, conferences, benchmarks, and publications
- Development of open datasets to support research pertaining to representations and interoperability, e.g. semantic 3D data loss evaluation, consistency best practices.
- Development of validation software to assess interoperability workflows
- Organisation of webinars, at biyearly frequency on topics in the frame of the WG and in collaboration with other organisations
- Organisation of hackatons and competitions, e.g. unit tests of leading OGC standards such as SensorThings and LandInfra
- Leading a special issue in a journal
- Social media activities to amplify this topic and our activities
- Publication of academic papers, e.g. a joint review or position paper on the topics within the scope of the WG and involving the members
- Organisation of joint events or initiatives with other international associations and standardisation organisations such as OGC and buildingSMART, and societies such as EuroSDR, International Society for Urban Informatics, FOSS4G (regional and global), and various national societies and organisations.