ISPRS WG I/8
Multi-sensor Modelling and Cross-modality Fusion
ISPRS Working group I/8 aims to promote the development of new methodologies, algorithms, and designs related to multiple sensors (LiDAR, optical sensor, IMU, etc.,) modelling and cross modality integration for more complete, more accurate, and more efficient photogrammetry and remote sensing applications.
To this purpose, the WG organizes workshops to exchange the latest developments on multiple sensor integration and fusion. Furthermore, the WG provides publicly available datasets and organizes international comparative tests on the performance of algorithms and designs for various multi-sensor applications. Finally, the WG will continue to work closely with I/3 and other working groups, and sister organizations such as ICA, IEEE, FIG.
Working Group Officers
Department of Computer Science,School of Info. Sci. and Eng.
422 Siming Rd.
+86 10 8011 5555 EXT 706 884
Politecnico di Torino
C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24
10129, Torino (TO)
+39 (0)11 090 7700
+39 (0)11 0907699
Münchener Str. 20
+49 8153 28-3588
+49 (0) 8153 28 1444
TUM school of Engineering and Design
Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
+49 289 22638
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Terms of Reference
- Design, development and enhancement of multi-sensor and embedded systems
- On-board data processing of multi-sensor systems
- Multi-platform sensing and cross-modality data integration
- Ubiquitous sensing solutions with non-conventional low-cost sensors (including stereo-RGB and RGB-D cameras, IMU, and laser scanners)
- Advancements in smartphone and IoT technologies with the use of the small multi-sensor platforms
- 2D/3D sensor integration and fusion for positioning, navigation and feature/metrics extraction
- Cooperation with other WGs/ICWGs and sister societies, including ICA Commission on Sensor-driven Mapping, EuroSDR Commission 1 on Data Acquisition, CEOS, IEEE-GRSS for joint events, publications and reference data archives