ISPRS WG IV/1
Spatial Data Representation and Interoperability
This working group aims to promote research on spatial data representations, their standardisation, and interoperability. This topic is increasingly important with the proliferation of digital twins, evolvement of new and developing urban data sources such as 3D city models and street view imagery, and the increasing volume and use of volunteered geoinformation. The group aims to intensify the relationships with standardisation organisations such as OGC, to strengthen topics related to open science/data/software.
Working Group Officers
College of Design and Engineering
National University of Singapore
Open Geospatial Consortium
Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences
Institute of Geodesy and Geoinformatics
Department of Environment, Land and Infrastructure Engineering
Politecnico di Torino
Terms of Reference
- Foster the development and sharing of solutions supporting data interoperability (data models, formats, metadata, etc.).
- Reviewing conceptual models for spatial data representation and associated data such as time series.
- Promoting the use of international standards to foster scalability and reusability of solutions.
- Make sense of disconnected developments and aim for their interoperability.
- Promote good practices aimed at the use of standards for data management, storage, processing and exchange.
- Advance knowledge in semantic technologies, ontologies and linked data to solve interoperability problems and make spatial data discoverable.
- Investigate methodologies for big data spatial representation, mapping, connection and federation of disconnected data models to support multidisciplinary use and data integration.
- Disseminate solutions for effective and meaningful spatial data integration.
- Promote collaboration with international and regional standardisation organisations (OGC, buildingSMART, W3C…).
- Disseminate practices and research related to the development of use of spatial data spaces.