ISPRS WG III/1
Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding
The Working Group on "Remote sensing data processing and understanding" promotes the scientific studies of Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding and aims to improve the understandings on the state-of-the-art of Remote Sensing Data Processing procedures and algorithms in international communities. This WG also works on the promotion of research collaborations and technique transfers through networking and communication.
Working Group Officers
|Maria Teresa Melis|
University of Cagliari
Via Università 40
University of Maryland
2181 Samuel J. LeFrak Hall
7251 Preinkert Drive
College Park, MD 20742
|Martin Mokroš |
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
Terms of Reference
- Promote scientific studies of Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding with emphases on the collection of multi-scale/-platform/-sensor imagery and point cloud data, the intelligent algorithms for data fusion, and the AI and machine learning algorithms for feature extraction.
- Improve quantitative understandings on the state-of-the-art of Remote Sensing Data Processing procedures and algorithms in international communities.
- Encourage technique transfers of Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding technologies among research institutions, national space/mapping agencies and policy makers.
- Enhance educations through lectures, articles, reports, summer schools and workshops in the field of Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding
- Establish research collaborations through networking and communication among universities and research organizations regarding the Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding
- Collaborate with National and International forums and organization and interact with international research community (IEEE, EU, etc.) to promote the scientific studies and applications of Remote Sensing Data Processing and Understanding