General Plan of Activities
Within the group
Regular communication among WG officers will take place every two to three months (or more often, in case of need) by means of a teleconference. Therefore, tasks will be discussed and assigned depending on the upcoming events. All WG members will be kept informed about the activities and planned initiatives of the WG
Within Technical Commission IV
Given its broad range of topics and its specific focus on digital twin applications, the WG is keen on strongly cooperating with all other WGs within Commission IV, especially with those dealing with geospatial data management for geospatial scenarios (WG5), visualization, databases, and decision support, among others. This means that the WG will contribute to symposia, workshops, summer schools, journal special issues, or cooperate to create common and shared datasets to be used as reference data.
With other Technical Commissions
The WG is planning to cooperate with Commission II, in particular with WG II/3 (3D scene reconstruction & analysis) and with ICWG II/Ib (Digital Construction: Reality capture, automated inspection, and integration to BIM). Ideally, we can imagine the generation of geometries provided by different acquisition technologies such as for example LiDAR and VHR aerial imagery as the first step, followed by the enrichment of those geometries with semantics and other relevant data coming from existing heterogeneous data sources. The latter is among the main topics of Commission IV.
Besides the midterm Commission IV Symposium and the two Geospatial Weeks events, the WG is planning to contribute to organising workshops, webinars, seminars, summer school, together with some organisations outside the ISPRS (e.g. with IEEE, FIG, GATE, etc.). For a complete list of potential partners, see the list in the following.
With organisations outside of ISPRS
The WG is aiming to organise joint activities with
- Open Geospatial Consortium, http://www.opengeospatial.org
- Urban Data Management Society, http://www.udms.net
- GATE “Big Data for Smart Society” Institute, gate-ai.eu
- IEEE Advanced technology for humanity https://www.ieee.org/
- Special Interest Group 3D, http://www.sig3d.org
- International Society for Digital Earth, http://www.digitalearth-isde.org
- International Federation of Surveyors, and in particular the joint 3rd and 7th on 3D cadastres, and the working group on geospatial innovations for land administration http://fig.net, http://www.gdmc.nl/3dcadastres/organization
- International Cartographic Association, http://icaci.org