ISPRS WG III/2
Spectral and Thermal Data Processing and Analytics
The main goal of the working group on "Spectral and thermal data processing and analytics" is to stimulate and coordinate research in spectral and thermal data analytics, share among the community state-of-the-art research, highlight current and future R&D challenges, encourage publication of scientific papers, participation in ISRPS events, promote cooperation and coordination with related ISRPS WGs and international scientific organizations.
Working Group Officers
|Konstantinos Karantzalos |
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
Heroon Polytechniou 9,
|Anna Brook |
Spectroscopy and Remote Sensing Laboratory
Center for Spatial Analysis Research (UHCSISR)
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
University of Haifa
Abba Khoushy Ave 199
+972 (0)544 947 076
|Jean-Louis Roujean |
18 Avenue Edouard Belin
31401 TOULOUSE CEDEX 9
+33 5 61 55 85 46
|Ilkka Pölönen |
Spectral imaging laboratory
Faculty of Information Technology
Terms of Reference
- Visible, Ultraviolet, NIR, SWIR and Thermal imaging spectroscopy from satellite, aerial, UAV, terrestrial and marine acquisition platforms.
- Processing and analysis of 1D signals, 2D images, 3D hyperspectral cubes and 4D spectral video datasets.
- Radiometric, atmospheric and geometric calibration/corrections of spectral and thermal data.
- Fusion and Harmonization of spectral/thermal data with other modalities (e.g., Lidar, SAR, Acoustic), a priori information and multitemporal data.
- Processing and interpretation of spectral/hyperspectral data from low-cost, miniaturized sensors from autonomous robots and other platforms.
- Detection, classification and tracking of moving objects/targets/phenomena/behavior in spectral/thermal timeseries and video sequences.
- Efficient spectral/hyperspectral data processing through parallel programming, graphic card implementation and FPGAs
- Efficient thermal/spectral/hyperspectral image classification and analysis for the consistent estimation of geo- and bio-physical parameters, mapping, vegetation analysis in agriculture, forestry, environmental remote sensing, safety and security, engineering applications
- Assess and demonstrate the potential of future or new spectral and thermal systems