ISPRS ICWG III/IVa
Disaster Assessment, Monitoring and Management
Working Group Officers
|Tullio Joseph TANZI|
Institut Mines-Telecom - Telecom ParisTech.
Télécom ParisTech - LabSoC, c/o EURECOM
Campus SophiaTech Les Templiers
450 route des Chappes
+33 (0)4 93 00 84 11
Istanbul Technical University
Department of Geomatics
+(90) 532 446 4409
Chemnitz University of Technology,
Head of Microwave Eng. and Electromagnetics
Chemnitz University of Technology
Microwave Eng. and Electromagnetics
Terms of Reference
- Generation of vulnerability and hazard zone maps for different type of disasters, such as forest fire, cyclone, floods, drought, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, landslides etc. and identification & assessment of potential risk zones
- Integrate remotely sensed observations and communication strategies with enhanced predictive modelling capabilities for disaster detection, early warning, monitoring, damage assessment and response
- Development of disaster management plans for pre, during and post disaster situations and enhance support for early warning systems, emergency events mitigation and decision making.
- Collaborate with international bodies such as GEO, JBGIS, ICSU GeoUnions, IRDR
- Continue to organize Gi4DM Conference series and ISPRS-URSI Special Sessions on Disaster Management during URSI GA’s and ISPRS Congresses.
- Organise, develop and conduct supporting educational activities (training courses, workshops, webinars, etc.) in the interdisciplinary area of remote sensing and disaster management. The educational activities will contribute to further education and professional development of both experienced and early-stage remote sensing scientists and engineers.