General Plan of Activities
Networking will be an important and regular activity of the WG officers and members from around the world. The WG will organise workshops and special issues of the ISPRS journals. Moreover, an international comparative test will be organized on benchmark datasets.
Within the group
- Regular online meetings within the WG, including the officers, members and relevant experts;
- Organisation of seminar on digital twins for Mobility and navigation Summer school in China, Canada or The Netherlands;
- Publication of datasets (e.g. semantic and topological models, GNSS traces and Multimodal mobility data) via the Zenodo data platform and case studies via Zotero research platform;
- Organization of an international comparative test on digital twins technologies for mobility and navigation;
- Publication of special issues (such as The Photogrammetric Record) and international standards on digital twins technologies mobility and navigation;
Within Technical Commission IV
- Contributions to ISPRS Biennial reports
- Attendance and participation in the TC IV symposia in 2024
With other Technical Commissions
- The 5th Workshop "Indoor 3D" at the Geospatial Week 2023 in Egypt
- Joint research on integrated processing of semantic and spatial data for LBS and disaster management in collaboration with WG IV/9, WG I/4, ICWG III/IVa.
- Attendance and participation in the XX V Congress
- Regular contribution to ISPRS eBulletin
With organisations outside of ISPRS
- Collaboration and involvement in the BIM and GML domains with OGC
- Joint workshops with international research communities, such as Chinese Society for Geodesy Photogrammetry and Cartography, Committee for LiDAR, Canadian institute for geomatics, Chinese National Committee of International Society for Digital Earth g (2016-2020), Association for Real-time Imaging and Dynamic Analysis, Japan Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Chinese Society for Geodesy Photogrammetry and Cartography, International Cartographic Association.