ISPRS WG III/4
Landuse and Landcover Change Detection
The working group on "Landuse and landcover change detection" aims at developing landuse and landcover change detection methods and applications based on multi-sensor and multi-temporal remote sensing data in relation to environmental and socio-economical issue in the context of global change.
Working Group Officers
|Marcos Adami |
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE
Divisão de Observação da Terra e Geoinformática - DIOTG
Avenida dos Astronautas, 1758
122270010 - São José dos Campos (SP)
|Patricia Wanjiku Mwangi|
Department of Spatial & Environmental Planning
|David Galbraith |
University of Leeds
School of Geography
Seminary St, Woodhouse
Leeds LS2 9JT
|Aline Meigins |
Aline Maria Meiguins de Lima
Universidade Federal do Pará
Instituto de Geociências / PPGCA
R. Augusto Corrêa, 01 - Guamá,
66075-110 Belém (PA)
Terms of Reference
- Investigate and enhance algorithms and methodologies for land-use and land-cover change mapping and/or detection.
- Further the study of remote sensing time series for land-use and land-cover changes.
- Suggest advanced solutions based on deep learning, dynamic modeling, artificial intelligence, etc. for monitoring and analyzing land-use and land-cover changes, including the context of big data.
- Further the study of the dynamics of land-use and land-cover change in different regions of the world.
- Further the research and investigations into predicting land-use and land-cover changes
- Study urban land-use development cycles and changes in rural land-use and land-cover (e.g. agriculture, forestry, recreation), based on data and information fusion.
- Foster investigations and research toward autonomous or automatic updating of spatial data bases, including using spectral and non-spectral remotely sensed data fused with data and information acquired by other sources.
- Cooperate with other Geospatial Information societies such as GEO, ICA, and FIG on Change detection based on remotely sensed data and updating of spatial data bases.