ISPRS WG IV/5
Indoor/Outdoor Seamless Modelling, LBS and Mobility
ISPRS Working group IV/5 aims to promote research on indoor/outdoor seamless reality modelling, location based services (LBS), tracking, monitoring and mobility. Differing from the spatial aspect which has been well addressed in the communities of Sensor Systems and Photogrammetry, this WG focuses on the semantic description of indoor/outdoor (including underground) seamless environments (e.g. BIM, CityGML, GML 3) for location based services, public security and disaster management. Besides, the WG also stimulates mobility research, using latest tracking, monitoring, and data mining algorithms, for different application areas, e.g., routing, traffic monitoring, evacuation, disabled/aged care, etc.
To facilitate this, the WG organises workshops and special issues to exchange the latest developments and form scientific vision on indoor/outdoor seamless modelling, LBS and mobility. Furthermore the WG will provide a set of benchmark semantic model and movement datasets, and organise international comparative tests on the performance of algorithms for LBS and mobility.
Finally, networking will be in the heart of the activities of the working group members from around the world. The WG will collaborate closely with other ISPRS working groups, particularly in Commissions I and II, and will cooperate with OGC and other international groups to promote and contribute to the advance of knowledge and innovation in relation to indoor/outdoor seamless environment modelling and movement analysis.
Working Group Officers
Department of Remote Sensing and Geo-Information Engineering
School of Land Science and Technology
China University of Geosciences
Xueyuan Road 29, Haidian District
+86 10 8232 2291
+86 10 8232 1807
Department of Infrastructure Engineering
University of Melbourne
|Lucía Díaz Vilariño|
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Engineering
University of Vigo
Maxwell s/n, 36210, Vigo,
+34 986 813 499
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Rabin Bldg., Room 727
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Terms of Reference
- Stimulate the development of algorithms, standards for semantic modelling of indoor/outdoor seamless environments
- Promote integrated processing of semantic and spatial data for location based services and disaster management in indoor/outdoor (including underground) seamless environments (in collaboration with WG IV/1, WG IV/4, WG I/6, WG I/7, WG II/3, ICWG I/IV and ICWG III/IVa).
- Advance knowledge in location-based big data and pedestrian movement in indoor/outdoor seamless environments.
- Benchmark the quality and practicality of semantic modelling methods, standards and mobility analysis algorithms.
- Seek co-operation and involvement in the BIM and GML domains (in collaboration with OGC)