General Plan of Activities
- Organizing Journal Special Issues (e.g., in ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, ISPRS IJGI)
- Participation in ISPRS Initiatives 2023 and 2025.
- Organization of some joint initiatives with other ISPRS WGs and Commissions, other geospatial bodies such as ISSDQ, UDMS, Spatial Accuracy, and UNGGIM.
- Workshops/Conferences/Webinars (ISPRS Geospatial Conference 2023, 2024, and 2026
(University of Tehran, Iran), GSW 2023 (Cairo, Egypt), ISPRS Mid-term Symposium 2024
(Australia), GSW 2025 (Dubai, UAE), and ISPRS Congress 2026 (Toronto, Canada).
Within Technical Commission IV
- Contribution to the Midterm Technical Com. IV with WG. 1. (Spatial Data Representation and Interoperability), WG. 3 (Geo-computation and Geo-simulation), WG. 7 (Intelligent Systems in Sensor Web and IoT), WG. 8 (Digital Twins for Navigation, LBS and Mobility), WG. 9 (Spatially Enabled Urban and Regional Digital Twins), ICWG IV/III (Global Mapping for SDGs) and ICWG IV/III/II (Openness in Geospatial Science and Remote Sensing)
- Contribution to Geospatial Week workshops to be held in 2023 (Egypt) and 2025 (UAE).
- Contribution to Com. Midterm in 2024 (Australia).
- Contribution to ISPRS Congress 2026 (Canada).
With other Technical Commissions
We will have some joint activities with the following WGs:
ICWG IV/III (Global Mapping for SDGs), and
ICWG IV/III/II (Openness in Geospatial Science and Remote Sensing)
Joint Conference with Geospatial Conferences (Sensors and Models in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SMPR) and GIResearch), The University of Tehran, Feb. 2023, Oct. 2024 and 2026.
With organisations outside of ISPRS
- Collaboration with Urban Data Management Society (UDMS),
- Joint symposium with International Symposium on Spatial Data Quality (ISSDQ 2023 and 2025),
- Links with Spatial Accuracy
- Links with International Organizations and ISPRS Sister Organizations:
- We aim organizing workshops, online courses, and webinars for international organizations and ISPRS Sister organizations on education and capacity building, promotion of webbased education and collaborative research and promotion of the profession to students and young scientists.
- Links with the key standardization organizations active in the quality and interoperability domain:
- ISO /TC211
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN).
- Working groups from the Association of Geographic Info. Laboratories in Europe(AGILE)
- Working groups from ICA.
- Collaboration with UNGGIM
- Contribution to different Journals as reviewers and editorial board (such as ISPRS IJGI, Geo-Spatial Information Science (GSIS), International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation, Spatial Statistics, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR), and Earth Observation and Geospatial Engineering (EOGE, https://eoge.ut.ac.ir/)).