ISPRS WG V/5
Education and Awareness in Blue Economy and Coastal Marine Environment
The ISPRS WG on Education and Awareness in Blue Economy and Coastal Marine Environment (WG V/5) aims to assess and promote the use of remote sensing, GIS, and other geospatial technologies in various applications in the coastal marine environments, including coastal watersheds, coral reefs, seagrass meadows, and mangrove forest, and in support of the Blue Economy. WG V/5 will gather and work with various stakeholders (government, educational and research institutions, private organizations, civil service organizations and citizens) of the coastal and marine environments to know their needs and activities, which can be supported or enhanced with geospatial knowledge and skills. The WG envisions a better understanding, appreciation, and conservation of environment and natural resources by promoting exchange of knowledge and views and capacitating each other.
Towards the fulfillment of our mission, the WG will organize symposia, workshops, and training programs to share stories and experiences in the utilization of geospatial science and technology in the conservation and sustainable use of the coastal marine environment and resources. The WG will also promote Citizen Science, with focus on volunteered geographic information. These activities and the findings will be disseminated through social media pages, website, and publications in the ISPRS Annals/Archives.
Working Group Officers
|Ariel C. Blanco
Environmental Systems Applications of Geomatics Engineering (EnviSAGE)
Research and Development Laboratory
MH108-110 Melchor Hall
College of Engineering
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City 1101, Metro Manila
Universitas Gadjah Mada Indonesia
Faculty of Geography
Building D, 2nd Floor
|Nguyen Thi Thu Ha
VNU University of Science
Faculty of Geology
Room 612, Building T5, 6th Floor
334 Nguyen Trai
Thanh Xuan district
|Roseanne V. Ramos
University of the Philippines Diliman
College of Engineering
Quezon City 1101, Metro Manila
Terms of Reference
- Development of the framework and curricula for educational and capability building activities to promote the utilization of GST4BluECoast
- Promotion of GST4BluECoast through various educational and capacity building activities
- Collaboration with various institutions and organizations at national and international levels on the promotion and utilization of GST4BluECoast
- Development and deployment of modules, geospatial databases, and other materials to support the educational and capability building activities on GST4BluECoast.
- Increase awareness and enable greater access, sharing, and use of relevant geospatial data and technologies in enhancing blue economy and conservation and sustainable use of coastal marine environments
- Establishment of an inclusive network of institutions and individuals to promote, enhance, and sustain GST4BluECoast in selected countries.
- Publication of white paper on the accomplishment of WG V and other GST4BluECoast papers in ISPRS conference proceedings and special issues of ISPRS journals
- Collaboration with other ISPRS TC V working groups with related missions, objectives, and activities.